5 may 2013

Advice needed


Estoy terminando los principes y voy a empezar a retocar los piqueros seléucidas. Además de repintarlos un poco, voy a cambiarles las picas por estas de Xyston:
------------------------------------------------
I'm finishing the principes and I will start with seleucid pikemen soon. In addition to repaint them a bit, I'll change their pikes by these Xyston ones:


La pregunta es: ¿qué color os gusta más para las picas? A mí me gustan los tres de la derecha, 35 figuras con picas rojas o azules tiene que quedar espectacular, pero no lo tengo claro... Como voy a hacer tres unidades podré poner un color diferente a cada una, aún así me gustaría vuestro consejo.
------------------------------------------------
The question is: what color you like best for the pikes? I like the three options on the right, 35 figures with red or blue pikes must be spectacular, but I´m not 100% sure... As I will make three units, I´ll be able to use a different color with each. Yet, I´d like your advice.


Nos vemos!

7 comentarios:

  1. Colores madera para que sea más realista. A lo mejor, un ocre, un marrón neutro y un marrón oscuro... o un beige, ocre y marrón.

    Por cierto, me encantaría que nos mostraras un tutorial sobre como pintas 10mm, porque ya me está picando el gusanillo... ;)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Marchando tutorial! ;-)

      Creo que el truco es buscar que el aspecto "global" sea bueno, y no matarse con los detalles individuales de cada figura.

      Eliminar
  2. Maybe use the red / blue to mark out officers / ncos? Gives you some colour, without it being overwhelming.

    FMB

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I think it would not have required much cost or effort to paint spears and a painted spear would have weathered the elements better than an unpainted one and looked smashing on the battlefield. They painted shields, why not spears?

    I'm partial to you red spear, and I did my Pontic pikes all in red. The scale was 15mm but you can take a look at how it looked ranked up here:

    http://twincitiesfieldofglory.blogspot.com/2012/05/pontic-phalangites.html

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I agree fully. Paited pikes makes a lot of sense. Maybe go for red, yellow and another colour. Remember that blue and purple dyes ar tradtionally the more expensive ones so if you go there, save them for your agyraspides.

      Eliminar
  4. I think a not too bright red would work; I'd leave one in natural wood too. I'd reserve a blue or purple for possibly and elite unit. Best, Dean

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Thanks for your comments!
    As I have three units to paint, I think I´ll paint the pikes in light brown (Dark Sand, the fourth option) and one unit´s in red. I´ll left blue for argyraspids, thought they have spears, not pikes.
    Thanks again!

    ResponderEliminar